[SOLVED] Do I need a full modular PSU for this build?

Sowreen

Commendable
Mar 20, 2019
Hi. I am torn between two PSU for my gaming rig and I don't know which one to choose.
My specs are:
Mobo: Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
Cooler: Master Hyper 212 EVO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
GPU: 1070 GTX
HDD: Seagate Baracuda
SSD: x1 Samsung 860 EVO sata-III, x1 Samsung 970 EVO M.2 nvme
Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW Black

Now for my PSU. I am yet to choose between Thermaltake Smart RGB, 80+ Bronze, 500W (the cheap solution) non-modular and Seasonic M12II Evo 520, 80+ Bronze, 520W (the expensive solution) full-modular.
I choose those 2 PSU's because they have discounts on my local retailer. I want to know if I need to go full modular with this build or I can stick with the non-modular one. Also I don't want to "break the bank" for a PSU, even if I know a PSU is no joke.

Solution
The TT Smart series is basically a name brand replacement for a stock psu in grandma's web surfer. It's not intended for gaming use and isn't built with gaming in mind. They tend to burn out quickly under the instant, high draw demands of more powerful gpus.

Stick with the Seasonic.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The TT Smart series is basically a name brand replacement for a stock psu in grandma's web surfer. It's not intended for gaming use and isn't built with gaming in mind. They tend to burn out quickly under the instant, high draw demands of more powerful gpus.

Stick with the Seasonic.

Solution