Do I need a good gaming monitor for a gaming PC?

Solution
My best advice would be to better distribute your allocation of funds. Buying a cheap(although effective) cooler on a more expensive cpu will be regrettable later on. Likewise, a huge allocation of resources on gpu and monitor will most likely provide less benefit than say a PCI-E NVMe M.2 (since you're board is compatible anyways) and ALL-IN-ONE watercooler(H100i, H60i etc. totally pre-build, just installing a cpu cooler and a fan). Kinda like a turbocharger on a 98 corolla.

Some 27+in Asus monitor will suit you just fine and will probably last longer than an Off-label LG display with 3.3 star rating. If you're asking if the human eye can tell the difference between 1ms and 5ms... well its 4 thousandths of one second...

Belphegore

Respectable
Mar 27, 2016
All depends on the resolution and MHz you want to game at.
If you're going to be playing fast paced games such as racing and some action games, investing in a monitor with higher MHz is beneficial for more fluidity.

The 1070 is perfect for 1080p and 2k gaming, but it's not great for 4k; for that you should've invested in a GTX 1080.

For your build, I'd advise investing in a monitor with 120-144MHz at 1080p.

demoth

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
A GTX 1070 cannot drive native 4K resolution in modern titles without serious stutters. Even a 1080 or SLI 1070 setup could be borderline if it worked perfectly in a particular game. If the Mango was gsync (it's a limited async unfortunately), that can overcome quite a few issues with frame rate drops and make a much weaker card than one would expect to be at least useable.

Kufnayr

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
My best advice would be to better distribute your allocation of funds. Buying a cheap(although effective) cooler on a more expensive cpu will be regrettable later on. Likewise, a huge allocation of resources on gpu and monitor will most likely provide less benefit than say a PCI-E NVMe M.2 (since you're board is compatible anyways) and ALL-IN-ONE watercooler(H100i, H60i etc. totally pre-build, just installing a cpu cooler and a fan). Kinda like a turbocharger on a 98 corolla.

Some 27+in Asus monitor will suit you just fine and will probably last longer than an Off-label LG display with 3.3 star rating. If you're asking if the human eye can tell the difference between 1ms and 5ms... well its 4 thousandths of one second.

Something like this might be more you're pace, and provide better benchmarks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ CRm8TW

(I had two 98 corollas. They were actually fantastic 320k+ mile cars.= )

The base of your build looks like Hacintosh capability..However the 1070, to the best of my knowledge, is not yet compatible.

And in terms of VR, you might want to factor in the $500+ Oculus Rift price tag

Solution