Do I Need a Hardware Upgrade?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 9, 2019
Hello,
I cannot run all the games I'd like to play such as first person shooters. I have a RX580, 24gb DDR4 ram, the B350M Bazooka board, and a Ryzen 5 1400 quad core processor.. I need help on where to go to move forward and better my experience from here.

mgallo848

Commendable
Your score is only 500 points away from my RX 580 and I have a much faster CPU. Personally I think everything is fine with your GPU setup. You could try 1 more benchmark, for the CPU this time. Try Cinebench and see what your CPU score is then compare that to other R5 1400's with a google search

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Anti-virus. Many AV will detect the driver files being installed and improperly diagnose as an attack and either quarantine or delete the drivers, preventing them from installing correctly. It's why you first disconnect from the internet after downloading the drivers and DDU, so as to not be unprotected from net intrusion.