Do I need a new cooler?

liam_79

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Hi iv recently been having issues with my liquid cooler H55 after a single gaming session where the cooler started to crackle at temps around 70 degrees, now my CPU is overheating and throttling playing games iv played for the last 2 years. http://imgur.com/a/Vpi0u

Iv replaced the thermal paste twice and the entire computer was cleaned of dust after asking for a cryorig H7 to replace my corsair H55 which im guessing has simple started to give out, and temps will still hit 100 degrees with throttling at what is currently around 20 degrees ambient temps 5am UK, so now I just want to confirm that theres something wrong, and most likely with the cooler so I can push to get a new one. As the last time I said the CPU is still overheating I got a "Well it is hot today".

Solution
I'd recommend re-sealing the cooler, if it won't work, just get a new cooler, or try downloading ThrottleStop, and ticking Disable Turbo in the program, might help. I'd go for an AIO WaterLoop cooler from LC Power, or Corsair, but if you'e more on a budget, try Hyper212.

Tell me how it went.

crylizz

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
I'd recommend re-sealing the cooler, if it won't work, just get a new cooler, or try downloading ThrottleStop, and ticking Disable Turbo in the program, might help. I'd go for an AIO WaterLoop cooler from LC Power, or Corsair, but if you'e more on a budget, try Hyper212.

Tell me how it went.

Solution