[SOLVED] Do i need a new cpu cooler??

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, i am currently using a ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler, since purchase i run idle temps of 50-65 degrees and i wonder why this could be? I have used ryzen master and set max clock speed to 3600 and my peak core voltage to 1.125, it has decreased my degrees to a usual 50 degrees.
On a stress test, with 100% cpu utilization, i go up to about 70 degrees.
Few questions:

1: Would a AIO help?
2: Is 50 degrees idle that bad?
3: Is there anything i can do in my bios to decrease the temperature
4: Is my stress test of 70 degrees a example of how hot it will run while playing games like modern warfare or will it likely go higher than the stress test?

Solution
1)Yes and no.
Yes, because you should see lower thermals. No, because the thermals you're already seeing aren't dangerous or degrading to begin with.

2)For Ryzen 3000 and later, no.

3)Voltage, or Vcore offset mode, with a value like 0.01v.

4)I don't know what stress test you ran, so I have no idea.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Yes and no.
Yes, because you should see lower thermals. No, because the thermals you're already seeing aren't dangerous or degrading to begin with.

2)For Ryzen 3000 and later, no.

3)Voltage, or Vcore offset mode, with a value like 0.01v.

4)I don't know what stress test you ran, so I have no idea.

Solution
Hi, i am currently using a ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler, since purchase i run idle temps of 50-65 degrees and i wonder why this could be? I have used ryzen master and set max clock speed to 3600 and my peak core voltage to 1.125, it has decreased my degrees to a usual 50 degrees.
On a stress test, with 100% cpu utilization, i go up to about 70 degrees.
Few questions:

1: Would a AIO help?
2: Is 50 degrees idle that bad?
3: Is there anything i can do in my bios to decrease the temperature
4: Is my stress test of 70 degrees a example of how hot it will run while playing games like modern warfare or will it likely go higher than the stress test?
You gimped your chip setting it to 3600Mhz max you want it to boost as high as possible for best performance. 70 C isn't bad at full load, although what test was that?

Reactions: CountMike