Do I need a new CPU? What are some good FM2 slot CPUs?

normanfetus

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
I just got a new NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti which should have no problem running games on ultra at 60 fps (in Rainbow Six Siege it uses a little over half the memory). I still only can run it around 25-30 though and think I need a new CPU (because turning the graphics lower did not help). The problem is I am having trouble finding a good CPU for around $150 that fits in an FM2 socket. If anyone has any recommended FM2 slot CPUs or just anyway to boost FPS in AAA games that would be great help.

Solution
First of all, you didn't mention your current CPU. Second you said FM2, not FM2+. Does your motherboard support FM2+? The best CPU for the FM2+ socket is the Athlon X4 860,870, or 880K as well as the A10-78xxK series which is the same CPU but with integrated graphics. However, these might still bottleneck your 1050 Ti in some games. So, depending on your current CPU, you may or may not benefit form upgrading to another FM2+ CPU.
First of all, you didn't mention your current CPU. Second you said FM2, not FM2+. Does your motherboard support FM2+? The best CPU for the FM2+ socket is the Athlon X4 860,870, or 880K as well as the A10-78xxK series which is the same CPU but with integrated graphics. However, these might still bottleneck your 1050 Ti in some games. So, depending on your current CPU, you may or may not benefit form upgrading to another FM2+ CPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS