[SOLVED] Do I Need a New Monitor?

Solution
My current monitor: https://www.cnet.com/products/benq-g2222hdl-led-monitor-21-5-series/

It's old, but it seems fine to me. However I'm doing more video editing and will be moving to 4k video editing in the near future. I don't know much about monitors, but should I upgrade?
Benq monitors are nice and tend to have good color accuracy, I don't see why you'd necessarily wanna upgrade. Unless you're having issues, for example your footage has really bad colors on other displays. But if you don't see that then there isn't much of a reason. Do you wanna experience your 4K footage in higher quality and other content that has a higher resolution than 1080p? Your monitor shouldn't affect your video editing unless it has TRASH...
My current monitor: https://www.cnet.com/products/benq-g2222hdl-led-monitor-21-5-series/

It's old, but it seems fine to me. However I'm doing more video editing and will be moving to 4k video editing in the near future. I don't know much about monitors, but should I upgrade?
Benq monitors are nice and tend to have good color accuracy, I don't see why you'd necessarily wanna upgrade. Unless you're having issues, for example your footage has really bad colors on other displays. But if you don't see that then there isn't much of a reason. Do you wanna experience your 4K footage in higher quality and other content that has a higher resolution than 1080p? Your monitor shouldn't affect your video editing unless it has TRASH color accuracy which I highly doubt yours does.

Solution

rdpc

Prominent
Dec 20, 2019
Benq monitors are nice and tend to have good color accuracy, I don't see why you'd necessarily wanna upgrade. Unless you're having issues, for example your footage has really bad colors on other displays. But if you don't see that then there isn't much of a reason. Do you wanna experience your 4K footage in higher quality and other content that has a higher resolution than 1080p? Your monitor shouldn't affect your video editing unless it has TRASH color accuracy which I highly doubt yours does.

Good advice thanks! I just thought maybe technology moves on and my monitor was very bad. But yeah I see no issues with it, colour accuracy seems good and it works! Maybe in the future I'll upgrade to a 4k monitor but for now I'm happy. Thanks!

Reactions: PrinceTexasLoaf