Question Do I need a new motherboard??

Apr 21, 2019
My laptop wouldn’t turn on or charge so I took the back off and unconnected the battery from the motherboard, hooked it back up, and it started up fine. Since then, my usb-c hub that I use for dual hdmi monitors & charging has been reverting to a usb 2.0 driver when plugged in and I get a notification from Windows saying the display might not be compatible. The hub is fine bc I checked it on another laptop. I plugged a usb-c charger in to check the port and my laptop immediately goes black and I’m back to the first problem of it not turning on. I thought maybe there was a driver issue since Windows was recognizing the hub, but only as a usb 2.0 device, but now with this issue I’m thinking maybe the problem is the port/motherboard? Never had any issues with this laptop until this week.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. You might want to see if you have any BIOS updates pending for the laptop. I would also ask you to list your USB hub in case there might be an inherent problem with it that might've caused an early demise for your laptop's motherboard.