Do I need a new PSU

Sep 23, 2018
When I first build my pc a month ago everything was running just fine, but since I wanted to tighten up the cable management I disassembled half my pc. When I was done it worked, but then I noticed that the cpu cable that connects to the psu wasn't plugged it. So I plugged it in and I heard a little click, but when I plugged it in my pc turned off and I can't get it turn back on again.

System Specs

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YBWsnH

Solution
Ooh.. that doesn't sound good. Is there another PSU that you can use for testing?

If not you can try and test it this way:
Disconnect everything.
Connect PC Case power button onto motherboard, connect fans to motherboard or to PSU directly using molex. See if PC case light turns on or if fans turn on.

What you can also try is to check using a voltage/wattage meter to see if any juice is flowing or not. If you don't have one, any electrician or electronics store should own one and they can check if PSU is dead or not.

If PSU is running, probably your mobo is dead
Ooh.. that doesn't sound good. Is there another PSU that you can use for testing?

If not you can try and test it this way:
Disconnect everything.
Connect PC Case power button onto motherboard, connect fans to motherboard or to PSU directly using molex. See if PC case light turns on or if fans turn on.

What you can also try is to check using a voltage/wattage meter to see if any juice is flowing or not. If you don't have one, any electrician or electronics store should own one and they can check if PSU is dead or not.

If PSU is running, probably your mobo is dead

Solution

Flip the power switch on the back of the PSU off then on again.

TRENDING THREADS