• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Do I need a new PSU?

May 16, 2020
I have an EVGA 550w non-modular PSU and it seems it can only connect 2 SATA-based peripherals, them being my SSD with C: on it and an auxiliary HDD. No matter which SATA connection, the drives will still work but anything else that is connected in addition to the 2 do not work. At first I suspected fried cables but the drives still worked when I used the other connections. Thoughts on what I should do?

Vic 40

Polypheme
Ambassador
Which psu exactly?

Usually do 550watts come with two cables with each three sata connectors, what happened to the second cable? If there is one that is ...

it's weird anyway, might be better to contact EVGA customer support and ask them. If under warranty still could they well go for an rma.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS