Do I need a new router or reconfigure?

Johnneeds

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hello, I just moved into a new house. So after getting my service the router no longer worked. Only way I could get it going is by chaning the dns to 8.8.8.8 After that it started working. I was streaming some netflix on my Kindle fire hd and it told my the bandwith was to low to continue streaming. That has never happened before the move...

So the router is a linksys WRT160N v3.
I have my modem (gigaset 4300) connected to the router via internet(yellow plug) then my router plugged into the computer via channel 1. Same as I always have had. The only new equipment I added was DTV Gennie dvr which has something called cinema connect. Which it uses to broadcast to the rest of the mini receivers. It looks like a wireless modem. In total though I have several wireless devices which are:
DTV Genie with its 2 mini units
2 Ipod touches 2nd and 4th gen
kindle fire HD
3 laptops
and my desktop(not wireless).

So do I need to get a better router? Do I need to reconfigure my router somehow?

Solution
You have a very good router; no need to buy any other model.

Reset the router and set it up as though it were brand new; new security, the whole nine yards! Use WPA2 security.

I setup my Linksys E1550 wireless router using Linksys 'Connect' program and added computers using a USB key. Worked great; the signal is strong through 4 walls and 25 feet away on two levels.
You have a very good router; no need to buy any other model.

Reset the router and set it up as though it were brand new; new security, the whole nine yards! Use WPA2 security.

I setup my Linksys E1550 wireless router using Linksys 'Connect' program and added computers using a USB key. Worked great; the signal is strong through 4 walls and 25 feet away on two levels.

Solution