the last BIOS update for my motherboard was 2016 should i get a new one

motherboard GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 2.x)
cpu amd fx 8320 8 core processor
gpu nividia geforce rtx 2060 super
memory 16 gb of ddr3
psu corsair cx 750m

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021
Why would you need a new motherboard? better performance = change into newer platform. Bios updates on past mobos is fixing the issues, while on current amd mobos, it does fix issues and increase stability/performance.
because its 7 years old and my pc is getting slower and slower but every thing but the mother board in only about a year old

because its 7 years old and my pc is getting slower and slower but every thing but the mother board in only about a year old
What are the specs? also what's your definition by slow? Bios update never meant to increase the performance. If you're using AMD FX series, then ofc it is obsolete on single core performance. Have you done reinstalling windows?

My pc is old too, E3 1240 V2 (i7 3770 equivalent + Gigabyte B75M HD3 + 2x8gb ddr3 + GTX 1050, probs 8-9 y.o for the components except GPU, but it still perform well in many heavy games.

Sep 5, 2021
What are the specs? also what's your definition by slow? Bios update never meant to increase the performance. If you're using AMD FX series, then ofc it is obsolete on single core performance. Have you done reinstalling windows?

My pc is old too, E3 1240 V2 (i7 3770 equivalent + Gigabyte B75M HD3 + 2x8gb ddr3 + GTX 1050, probs 8-9 y.o for the components except GPU, but it still perform well in many heavy games.
there i updated the stats and by slow it takes longer for the pc to start up then it used to a few months ago and in the past month windows has been freezing to the point were i have to restart my pc to fix it