Do I need a paging file for SSD?

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
So I recently got a SSD and replaced it with my old hard drive on my computer. I already turned off Hibernation and Superfetch to optimize Windows 10 for SSD, but people also said that turning off your paging file is recommended while some don't think so. I currently have 8GB RAM and I don't know if I really will find a use for the paging file as it'll just wear down my SSD lifespan.

Solution
I usually recommend 16GB of RAM or more to disable the paging file.
You could disable the paging file and if you encounter any issue (low memory errors) you could just turn it back on.
Google Chrome, with 8GB RAM, might need the paging file when you go above 20 tabs.
By the way, the paging file won't cause any issues with your SSD.
Windows 10 is already optimized for SSD.
I usually recommend 16GB of RAM or more to disable the paging file.
You could disable the paging file and if you encounter any issue (low memory errors) you could just turn it back on.
Google Chrome, with 8GB RAM, might need the paging file when you go above 20 tabs.
By the way, the paging file won't cause any issues with your SSD.
Windows 10 is already optimized for SSD.

Solution

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
So I normally use around 6-10 chrome tabs, but I do 1080p HD video editing on Premiere Pro and I know video editing will tax my RAM a lot, so if I lower the paging file will it affect the performance of Premiere Pro? In Task Manager, Premiere Pro only uses up around 1.5-3.0GB so it shouldn't affect the performance right?