May 19, 2020
Okay, so I'm planning my next build, and I want to ensure I have positive air pressure in my system. Cat hair is literally almost everywhere. Keep in mind that I plan on overclocking my cpu too. I'm thinking about sticking a 360mm aio at the top of my case as an exhaust and 3 140mm's on the front as an intake. If I add another 120mm as an exhaust on the rear then my system would be negatively pressured. Would the 360mm aio on top be enough to adequately exhaust the hot air out of my system, or is having a rear fan incredibly necessary?

Solution
A 360mm AIO is plenty of exhaust in my opinion. Also even if you add an additional exhaust you can run all exhausts at a slower speed than intakes to help maintain a positive pressure. However I feel the most important thing in your situation is having good filtration on all intakes. I’m personally not that convinced by this positive/negative pressure configuration as cases are not air tight and will easily normalise to the air pressure in the room, not unless filling every space with a fan and running so much air with higher fan speeds.
Okay, so I'm planning my next build, and I want to ensure I have positive air pressure in my system. Cat hair is literally almost everywhere. Keep in mind that I plan on overclocking my cpu too. I'm thinking about sticking a 360mm aio at the top of my case as an exhaust and 3 140mm's on the front as an intake. If I add another 120mm as an exhaust on the rear then my system would be negatively pressured. Would the 360mm aio on top be enough to adequately exhaust the hot air out of my system, or is having a rear fan incredibly necessary?
You don’t need it if you don’t want it. You can always add it later if you wish

A 360mm AIO is plenty of exhaust in my opinion. Also even if you add an additional exhaust you can run all exhausts at a slower speed than intakes to help maintain a positive pressure. However I feel the most important thing in your situation is having good filtration on all intakes. I’m personally not that convinced by this positive/negative pressure configuration as cases are not air tight and will easily normalise to the air pressure in the room, not unless filling every space with a fan and running so much air with higher fan speeds.

Solution