Do i need a upgrade my PC or need a new pc for upcoming games in 2016.

kuna1

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
my system configuration are as..

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s),
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
SMPS: 500 Watt Cooler Master
motherboard: intelH61series
1TB WD Black Hard Disk

Please let me know do i need a hardware upgradation or a new PC for upcoming games in 2016-17.
Thanx

Solution
CoolerMaster makes many (mostly crappy) ~500W PSUs, you need to be more specific.

What you are most likely to want to upgrade if you want to play current or future games with details on high/ultra and resolutions at 1080p or more would be the GPU.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
depending on the resolution of your monitor, you'll be completely fine.

if you do want to upgrade anything, tossing in a SSD would make it feel better (wont help for gaming).

if you do want to improve the gaming, a new gpu wouldnt hurt. but again, depends on the resolution/framerate you want

Your parts are still good.
I suggest you do nothing until you find a game that does not run as well as you wish.

At that time, you may be cpu limited or graphics limited and you can do the appropriate upgrade.

If you now have some cash to spend, I suggest converting your "C" drive to a ssd.
Not so much for gaming, but everything else will be quicker.

InvalidError

Titan
CoolerMaster makes many (mostly crappy) ~500W PSUs, you need to be more specific.

What you are most likely to want to upgrade if you want to play current or future games with details on high/ultra and resolutions at 1080p or more would be the GPU.

Solution
Your platfomr is still very much viable and will not struggle with any GPU you throw at it. So a GPU upgrade is what you shoudl be looking at for better performance. A GTX 1060 woudl be the crowd favourite and would definitely give you two years of great gamind in 1080p.

TRENDING THREADS