Question Do I need a upgrade?

Jul 6, 2020
I currently have a Corsair Hydro Serier H70 core high performance liquid cpu cooler for my i5 10600k
I'm just wondering how much of an performance improvement I'd see with for example a Noctua nh-d15
The current AIO I have is actually like 8-9 years old but I have had no issues with it. But I think to really push my cpu to its limits I'd have to upgrade.
Right now im reaching a max of like 82-86c 5ghz 4.8uncore 1.335v with p95

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
At nearly a decade old, it's not a bad idea to replace your AIO; it's already well past its expected life expectancy. The exact level of improvement is hard to gauge as there are far too many variables to make even an educated guess, but there ought to be significant improvement as 120mm AIOs are notorious underperformers compared to similarly expensive -- and much cheaper -- air coolers.

Jul 6, 2020
At nearly a decade old, it's not a bad idea to replace your AIO; it's already well past its expected life expectancy. The exact level of improvement is hard to gauge as there are far too many variables to make even an educated guess, but there ought to be significant improvement as 120mm AIOs are notorious underperformers compared to similarly expensive -- and much cheaper -- air coolers.
Yeah but 'not a bad idea' doesn't translate into 'good idea' or 'neccesary' if you get me. I just checked my temps and with my current (and 24/7 setup) oc is 4.9ghz all core and 4.7ghz cache(uncore) 1.25v reaching a max of 67-69c on IBT and average 50-60 in game.
I guess I will try to find some statistics on how the Noctua NH-D15 does with my chip.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah but 'not a bad idea' doesn't translate into 'good idea' or 'neccesary' if you get me. I just checked my temps and with my current (and 24/7 setup) oc is 4.9ghz all core and 4.7ghz cache(uncore) 1.25v reaching a max of 67-69c on IBT and average 50-60 in game.
I guess I will try to find some statistics on how the Noctua NH-D15 does with my chip.

It's a figure of speech. It's not necessary, but it is a good idea.

AIO’s from good brands like Corsair come with a warranty that covers your system should the AIO leak and cause damage. At 8-9 years old it’s way out of warranty and the chances of failure must be quite high by now. A good life for an AIO is 3-4 years.

Jul 6, 2020
AIO’s from good brands like Corsair come with a warranty that covers your system should the AIO leak and cause damage. At 8-9 years old it’s way out of warranty and the chances of failure must be quite high by now. A good life for an AIO is 3-4 years.
Do you all think the Noctua dh15 would give a decent improvement at least? I can't seem to find any information or benchmarks with i5 10600k and the noctua dh15