[SOLVED] Do I need aftermarket cooler for cpu if I overclock ram?

Muhammad Jahid

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
I have been using stock cooler with my cpu.If I turn on the xmp profile for overclocking the ram then do I need aftermarket cooler for my cpu?
I just only use my pc for youtube watching and ms office types work(no editing and gaming).Is it necessary for me to overclock the ram?

Solution
I have been using stock cooler with my cpu.If I turn on the xmp profile for overclocking the ram then do I need aftermarket cooler for my cpu?
I just only use my pc for youtube watching and ms office types work(no editing and gaming).Is it necessary for me to overclock the ram?
No, overclocking RAM doesn't influence CPU heat much.
Need for OCing RAM depends on what RAM speed it's running at and what are XMP values but unless XMP is running right, why would you by faster and probably more expensive RAM just to run it at it's base speed ?
PS.
XMP is not really OC, just a speed it runs best at.
No, overclocking RAM doesn't influence CPU heat much.
Need for OCing RAM depends on what RAM speed it's running at and what are XMP values but unless XMP is running right, why would you by faster and probably more expensive RAM just to run it at it's base speed ?
PS.
XMP is not really OC, just a speed it runs best at.

Solution