[SOLVED] Do i need avr for this psu??

Solution
Why 230V? And how can i find the mechanical switch??

Avr is for maintaining the voltage. I'm just scared if i just put it in the outlet and explode.

The switch is the red switch on the back of the PSU.

redSwitch.jpg

An AVR is not going to change the input voltage from 115V to 230V if the PSU is 115V only (which doesn't exist).

An AVR stabilizes input voltage +/- 10~20%. So if your 220V drops to 200V, it boosts back to 220V. The only thing that's going to take a 115V PSU to 230V is a large "step up transformer".
Do i need to buy avr for this psu??

I'm from the Philippines. Our voltages here is 220v. I post a picture too so you can take a look at the information of the psu. Thank you

Here the link of the photo, i can't upload it here.

View: https://imgur.com/a/1h51u3h

So that's a NON PFC PSU with a mechanical switch that requires you to select whether you are on 115V mains or 230V mains. Make sure you select "230V".

I have to add that that is a VERY OLD PSU. It also only has 216W available on the +12V rail. What do you plan on powering with this thing?

And why do you think you need an AVR for any PSU? Do you know what an AVR does? Do you have brown outs mains voltage drops) so frequently that you would have to justify an AVR? And if you do, why an AVR and not a UPS?

Mar 26, 2020
So that's a NON PFC PSU with a mechanical switch that requires you to select whether you are on 115V mains or 230V mains. Make sure you select "230V".

I have to add that that is a VERY OLD PSU. It also only has 216W available on the +12V rail. What do you plan on powering with this thing?

And why do you think you need an AVR for any PSU? Do you know what an AVR does? Do you have brown outs mains voltage drops) so frequently that you would have to justify an AVR? And if you do, why an AVR and not a UPS?

Avr is for maintaining the voltage. I'm just scared if i just put it in the outlet and explode.

The switch is the red switch on the back of the PSU.

redSwitch.jpg

An AVR is not going to change the input voltage from 115V to 230V if the PSU is 115V only (which doesn't exist).

An AVR stabilizes input voltage +/- 10~20%. So if your 220V drops to 200V, it boosts back to 220V. The only thing that's going to take a 115V PSU to 230V is a large "step up transformer".

Solution

TRENDING THREADS