Do I need better cooling?

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
I have a stock cooler for a normal i5-7500.I know it's enough but my computer is a little louder than I want it to be. I've heard that stock coolers are pretty loud. The only other fans I have are my case fan and the graphics card which I know is not it. I saw that the cooler master hyper 212 evo is the go to but ppl say it can be big. I have a gigabyte b250m-ds3h motherboard in a corsair 100r case I think. Does this fit and would it reduce sound?

Jun 6, 2018
cooler master 212 is overhyped - there are better coolers for the money out there. If you really want a silent cooler then go for Be Quiet! coolers, they are more expensive but whisper quiet in my experience. If you just want a solid cooler for cheap then i'd suggest looking at the Scythe Katana series.

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

Pretty much cooler master 212 is my budget or cheaper if possible. I might just wait til it goes for $20 again. Do you think the stock cooler is the reason my computer is loud? Idk what else would make noise.

Jun 6, 2018
intel stock cooler doesn't make much noise tbh, it just isn't that good in terms of cooling. Open the case and stop each fan individually for a couple of seconds - no harm will come to the fan - and check to see if any of the case fans are making the noise,

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

Yeah for some reason just now I hear an annoying like whining noise from the psu. Do you know what that is too? Thanks!

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

Oh I just googled this and found this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y70wYft9pY My fan sounds exactly like that, it's pretty loud. Guess it was the culprit

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

There has been times where my computer would just shut off but still be on. No response for anything, monitors lose signal but the computer is still running. I have to completely shut the computer off and turn it back on. I have only a 450w psu, not sure if it's not enough for it's just faulty in general. Also do you know if the cooler master would fit with my specs? I saw few videos on installation and my cpu seems pretty close to the back of the case. I don't know if it would fit or which way I would face it if it does fit.

TRENDING THREADS