Do i need clean registry?

madican

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016
Hello there! I want to know should i clean registry from unnecessary after uninstalling programs and games?Usually, I clean manually the tracks in the registry after removing programs and games, but sometimes it's like boring.And traces of the installed programs and games that is in here
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store,checked on this location and i found too much traces like setup.exe and other's.So shall i clear these traces after installing programs and games and traces after uninstalling?Or just forget it?

Solution
In general, most registry cleaning programs should only be used if your OS has been damaged by a virus. I would not recommend using a registry cleaner, or manually editing the registry unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Small leftover traces of uninstalled programs is nothing to worry about. It's just a record showing that the software was installed on the machine, with some settings relating only to that software or where it was installed. I've had OS installs last years without cleaning the registry, the newer the OS, the less that type of maintenance needs to be done.

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
In general, most registry cleaning programs should only be used if your OS has been damaged by a virus. I would not recommend using a registry cleaner, or manually editing the registry unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Small leftover traces of uninstalled programs is nothing to worry about. It's just a record showing that the software was installed on the machine, with some settings relating only to that software or where it was installed. I've had OS installs last years without cleaning the registry, the newer the OS, the less that type of maintenance needs to be done.

Solution

madican

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016

Alrirght then,maybe you are right about that.Thanks for advice)

madican

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016

I'm just worried that if the registry gets filled with unnecessary traces and leftovers from remote programs and games, then I think that the system will start to buggy.Or I have paranoia:/