Do I need hose clamps for barbed fittings?

Ethanh100

Honorable
I am building a watercooling loop and planning on using barbed fittings because they are much cheaper. Do i need hose clamps o every single fitting? Will i be pretty safe without them or is it too big of a risk? Thanks!

Yes. You'll need hose clamps.

If you're asking this question you need to read a guide or watch some videos from reputable sources. You don't want to go into liquid cooling your PC without learning all about it first. One leak and you've fried your parts.

Ethanh100

Honorable

yeah that was the one thing i really didnt know because i was planning on using compression fittings at first. Thanks though.

cosmoji

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015

i would also suggest this. the kits are all the same parts you would normally buy seperately, but often at quite a lower price than buying piecemeal. they also come with all the things you need to build a simple loop, usually including either compression fittings, or clamps with barb fittings.

as for clamps alone, yes. use them. i've seen people say they never used them and never had a problem, but how much will some clamps cost? compared to replacing a soaked gpu or worse? better safe than sorry.