[SOLVED] Do I need it to start on startup?

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Realtek HD Audio Universal Service. I still have sound coming from my monitor with it disabled on startup. They seem to be praising it online, but they don't say if I should leave it on automatic startup or manual.

Solution
mic, line in & line out on back of case are realtek on your board

some boards have more options, I wasn't sure. mine for instance

Colif

Win 11 Master
realtek HD audio is for the sound chips on motherboard that run the back & front panel audio.
If you use monitor for sound, its using either AMD radeon drivers for sound... I guess (not sure what AMD use for hdmi audio)

Gigabyte also rename their driver packages so its possible its called something else on other sites. its just the drivers, you have to download the console from windows store, if you want to change any settings.

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
realtek HD audio is for the sound chips on motherboard that run the back & front panel audio.
If you use monitor for sound, its using either AMD radeon drivers for sound... I guess (not sure what AMD use for hdmi audio)
Back&front panel audio. You mean, if I plug some headphones, realtek HD audio is the program that makes sure sound will work?

So, if I use monitor for sound, it's no longer using realtek and sound quality will be no issue with this program not running, correct?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Back&front panel audio. You mean, if I plug some headphones, realtek HD audio is the program that makes sure sound will work?
it depends.
If headphones are plugged into USB, they may have their own software
If they plugged in using headphone jacks or you attach speakers to back of PC, its likely to be realtek.

you don't need it running if you don't use the program.