PCguy12345

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
I currently have a Ryzen 5 2600 and a RX 570 4gb with 8gb of 3000mhz RAM. The system works well for most games but I tried playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the game was cutting out, stuttering and glitching along with making it very hard to tab out or even close the app. I checked the stats in the NZXT Cam software and it was telling me that my GPU was at about 60- 70% load, my CPU at 40% load and then my RAM at 98% load. In game (Modern Warfare) I was getting around 90-100 FPS. One of my friends has the same graphics card and has no issues so I don't think thats the problem. Is this a problem with my RAM?

Solution
sticks are recommended to be in pairs for dual channel, 3 sticks will drop PC performance (if u dont have tripple channel memory controller)
2x8GB is recommended for your setup
u can also add another 2x4GB sticks, but theres high chance of incompatibility with mixed sticks
sticks are recommended to be in pairs for dual channel, 3 sticks will drop PC performance (if u dont have tripple channel memory controller)
u can also add another 2x4GB sticks, but theres high chance of incompatibility with mixed sticks

Solution

PCguy12345

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Currently, I have one slot being populated not 2, so if I but another stick (of 8gb RAM) I will have 2 slots being used in total.

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I currently have a Ryzen 5 2600 and a RX 570 4gb with 8gb of 3000mhz RAM. The system works well for most games but I tried playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the game was cutting out, stuttering and glitching along with making it very hard to tab out or even close the app. I checked the stats in the NZXT Cam software and it was telling me that my GPU was at about 60- 70% load, my CPU at 40% load and then my RAM at 98% load. In game (Modern Warfare) I was getting around 90-100 FPS. One of my friends has the same graphics card and has no issues so I don't think thats the problem. Is this a problem with my RAM?
I have 16 gb of 3200 mhz ram in my system and yeah its better... 16 gb is kinda the "sweet spot" for ram current gen. BUT I will say that you need to clear your cache if your RAM is that "full".... with that being said you usually dont want any storage (be it SSD/HDD or even RAM) to go much past 85% capacity before you see performance issues. There is a program I just found out about the other day (i was having "stuttering" issues as well in ALL games after gaming for like 2+ hours). Its called "Intelligent list Standby Cleaner". Running that and doing a disc clean clears my cached memory on the regular and I havent had any "stuttering" issues since. I searched for weeks, even taking components out of my system and replacing them with others to find the "issue". Ironically it was RAM cache that turned out to be the culprit. I literally have that program "empty" my system cache when it gets to over 5 gb (so in your case id set keep the stock 1.1 gb or even higher the program comes set at). Try and do a google search on it, read up a little on it and see if it might help. If you think it will, no harm no foul, its a free download and its virus/malware free I scanned the file twice before I downloaded it just to make sure... www.wagnardsoft.com Like yours, my RAM useage was crazy high like 40% just idle and after some time of streaming youtube, pandora radio and playing games (including modern warfare) itd get to like 14.3 gb of useage....

PCguy12345

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
I have 16 gb of 3200 mhz ram in my system and yeah its better... 16 gb is kinda the "sweet spot" for ram current gen. BUT I will say that you need to clear your cache if your RAM is that "full".... with that being said you usually dont want any storage (be it SSD/HDD or even RAM) to go much past 85% capacity before you see performance issues. There is a program I just found out about the other day (i was having "stuttering" issues as well in ALL games after gaming for like 2+ hours). Its called "Intelligent list Standby Cleaner". Running that and doing a disc clean clears my cached memory on the regular and I havent had any "stuttering" issues since. I searched for weeks, even taking components out of my system and replacing them with others to find the "issue". Ironically it was RAM cache that turned out to be the culprit. I literally have that program "empty" my system cache when it gets to over 5 gb (so in your case id set keep the stock 1.1 gb or even higher the program comes set at). Try and do a google search on it, read up a little on it and see if it might help. If you think it will, no harm no foul, its a free download and its virus/malware free I scanned the file twice before I downloaded it just to make sure... www.wagnardsoft.com
Okay thank you, I think upgrading to 16GB is definitely the best thing to do, due to my in-game performance issues.

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Okay thank you, I think upgrading to 16GB is definitely the best thing to do, due to my in-game performance issues.
Yeah dont blame ya.... the price of RAM is super cheap right now too. With having the 2600 (i had the 2600 before this 3600x im on now for gen 4 m.2's) finding a good deal isnt hard at all. Ryzen wants fast (3200 atleast, but nothing over 3600mhz) and the CAS latency you want low.... 16 is good, 14 would be better.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16),Vengeance LPX Black
that seems like good stuff for 75 bucks... dont know if your too system aesthetics worried tho ha

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
sorry to keep buggin you on this.... im getting a better idea of that program myself... whats hard for me to understand is why didnt this get incorporated into windows as default? this is the "jist" of it https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/29/r...-games-with-intelligent-standby-list-cleaner/... honestly i would try this before you got the upgrade and spent money... maybe just try it and see if you could save the money?

PCguy12345

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019

PCguy12345

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019