aden.anderson2001

Reputable
Aug 26, 2018
I have a 8gb ram with these specs:
DDR3, 1600Mhz, single channel, CL and tRCD and tRP all on 11 clocks, trad 28 clocks, CR 1T. Manufactured by Hyundai. On my laptop, I also have a i7-5500u cpu and a Radeon r7 m265 2gb graphics card. I use programs like SolidWorks, Catia, Adams, Autodesk inventor. I also play games a lot but because of my bad graphics card I can't play the new games really. When windows is idle and no program is running in the background, 70 percent of my ram is being used. I want to know if I need to buy extra ram for my laptop. Also can I buy ddr4 for this system or should I keep going on with ddr3? Do I need more RAM according to the apps I use? I'm in a situation in which I can spend money if I need the extra ram, not only to make sure it's enough. Also my laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad E550

Solution
No, DDR4 will not work on your laptop. If you need more ram, either invest in a dual channel ram kit or an identical stick of ram to the one you currently have.

As for a kit, look for a 2x8GB DDR3L-1600MHz 1.35v ram kit(with a CL of 9).

Lutfij

Titan
No, DDR4 will not work on your laptop. If you need more ram, either invest in a dual channel ram kit or an identical stick of ram to the one you currently have.

As for a kit, look for a 2x8GB DDR3L-1600MHz 1.35v ram kit(with a CL of 9).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS