Question Do I need quadro or radeon pro cards to produce 1.7 billion colors on Samsung U32H850 ?

ghaeth.wardeh

Honorable
Nov 10, 2017
Hello everyone :)

Do I need quadro or radeon pro cards to produce 1.7 billion colors on Samsung U32H850 ? Does anyone own this monitor? I don't want to do gaming or content creation. I just do basic using and watching movies and content on youtube, so I need 1.7 billion colors production to have a very picture quality.

Thank you so much :)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The limitation on color reproduction is usually the monitor, not the graphics card.

In this case you just need a late model GPU that has Display Port 1.2+ or HDMI 2.0+ to have enough bandwidth to support 10Bit High Dynamic Range. All this means is that the monitor can receive signals to control the color values of the pixel to a finer degree. 8-bit displays are basically 256 values per pixel (AKA 32bit 16million colors), 10bit takes it up to 1024 per pixel, that 1.07Billion pixel value.

Even if you have an older GPU the monitor will simply be limited to 30Hz instead of the 60hz it is capable of.

ghaeth.wardeh

Honorable
Nov 10, 2017
The limitation on color reproduction is usually the monitor, not the graphics card.

In this case you just need a late model GPU that has Display Port 1.2+ or HDMI 2.0+ to have enough bandwidth to support 10Bit High Dynamic Range. All this means is that the monitor can receive signals to control the color values of the pixel to a finer degree. 8-bit displays are basically 256 values per pixel (AKA 32bit 16million colors), 10bit takes it up to 1024 per pixel, that 1.07Billion pixel value.

Even if you have an older GPU the monitor will simply be limited to 30Hz instead of the 60hz it is capable of.
Thank you for explanation