Do i need something else to get 1080p other than a hdmi Splitter

Chess of confusion

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
Hi i have a ps3 i brought a hdmi spiltter 1x2 to bypass the hdcp so on the top of the splitter it say's 3D 4k HDMI and HDCP now i have a roxio game hd pro so while the bypass seems to be working i can still only record in 720p. so do i need something else to allow me to record in 1080p thank you for you time.

Chess of confusion

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017

It dose do 1080 it's just with ps3 with the HDCP restriction i think it doesn't allow not only 60 fps but also 1080 as well i just thought with the splitter it would allow me to do that. Unless it's the games i'm recording that's only in 720..so far with Roxio i've recorded /Red Faction 1 / Thief / Demon Souls\ Ratchet and clank the ps2 version\ All games i've mention i've brought of PS3 store.

ChaoticWolf

Honorable

I'm pretty sure I've seen videos of capture cards in action recording in 1080p and 60fps even on the PS3, but maybe it just doesn't apply to this capture card, not really sure tbh
Maybe it is because of the game you're playing, I know that the Ratchet and Clank ps2 version runs in 720p 60fps
It's probably just the splitter that you're using, it does mention 4k but maybe it's just some cheap one that doesn't really do much
You could probably sell that splitter you have or keep it, and then get a higher quality one, it's probably just the splitter
Do you have any other consoles that don't require a splitter to bypass the HDCP? Like a PS4? If you do, try recording from that console and see if it can go to 1080p and maybe even 60fps with that capture card, you would first try it directly with the capture card plugged into the console with the hdmi, no splitter, and see what it would record in, and if it records at the quality you're aiming for, then good, try with the splitter after that, and if the splitter is making it record in 720p, then it probably is the splitter that you got that's making the PS3 record in 720p, I know for a fact that you can record in 1080p with a splitter on the PS3, you just need a splitter that can do 1080p