[SOLVED] Do I need to buy m.2 ssd with heatsinks with this motherboard?

fobos8

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
Hi guys

I'm getting an MSI X570 MEG Unify motherboard and I'm wondering if I need to get m.2 ssds with heatsinks or not. The board seems to have some covers over where the m.2s go and wondering if these are heatsinks.

Kind regards, Andrew

Solution
Hi guys

I'm getting an MSI X570 MEG Unify motherboard and I'm wondering if I need to get m.2 ssds with heatsinks or not. The board seems to have some covers over where the m.2s go and wondering if these are heatsinks.

Kind regards, Andrew
Those aren't just covers, there is a heasink on each of the 3 M.2 slots, so it is not required.
If you get a Ryzen 3000 series and a PCIe 4.0 SSD then those heatsinks come handy, since it could get pretty toasty.
Hi guys

Kind regards, Andrew
Those aren't just covers, there is a heasink on each of the 3 M.2 slots, so it is not required.
If you get a Ryzen 3000 series and a PCIe 4.0 SSD then those heatsinks come handy, since it could get pretty toasty.

Reactions: fobos8
Solution