Do I need to change my PSU? Corsair VS 550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsius22

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
This PSU is serving me for more than 1 year and 4 months with my i3 2100 - 6GB RAM and GTX 960 2GB but now I'll be upgrading to 1060 3gb. Do I need to change it to Seasonic S12II 520w? I know it's a low tier psu but this psu has been with my for 1 year and 4 months and no issue

Solution
Wattage wise the PSU is sufficient however not very efficient and could possibly let you down with the GPU upgrade. You can't go wrong with a Seasonic S12II for quality and rates very high for a bronze certified unit. If you have budget constraints then keep using the Corsair, it should be OK.
To be safe and for $80 at Newegg, I would choose to keep the Corsair for spares and upgrade to a Seasonic S12G 550W Gold certified unit.
Wattage wise the PSU is sufficient however not very efficient and could possibly let you down with the GPU upgrade. You can't go wrong with a Seasonic S12II for quality and rates very high for a bronze certified unit. If you have budget constraints then keep using the Corsair, it should be OK.
To be safe and for $80 at Newegg, I would choose to keep the Corsair for spares and upgrade to a Seasonic S12G 550W Gold certified unit.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.