[SOLVED] Do I need to change my psu

Mar 5, 2021
So I have recently bought a new motherboard, cpu and ram sticks and my current psu is a thermaltake 600w smart rgb.

my question is if I will need to upgrade the psu so it will be safe to run

sytem spec
Motherboard - gigabyte b450 arous elite
Cpu- amd ryzen 2700x 3.7 ghz octa core
Ram- Adata xpg gaming d10 3200mhz 8gb x2
Gpu - xfx Radeon r9 390 8gb
Storage intel 330 120gb ssd, x2 Seagate barracuda 7200rpm 500g hdd

thanks for any advice given

Solution
The unit is 11 months old atm
That’s not so bad although as someone said earlier it’s best to find another PSU for reliability. Thermal takes RGB smart series isn’t so bad. But while your GPU can consume up to 280 watts, with your cpu around 105 as done by research. With other stuff on your system you’re using around 400 watts if under load.

Tasks that aren’t demanding would be fine but if you do game a lot for long hours then its best to find another better psu if possible.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
The unit is 11 months old atm
That’s not so bad although as someone said earlier it’s best to find another PSU for reliability. Thermal takes RGB smart series isn’t so bad. But while your GPU can consume up to 280 watts, with your cpu around 105 as done by research. With other stuff on your system you’re using around 400 watts if under load.

Tasks that aren’t demanding would be fine but if you do game a lot for long hours then its best to find another better psu if possible.

Reactions: Barton99
Solution
Mar 5, 2021
I use it for light gaming like league of legends and just general use like Netflix and work I’d say it’s in for about 5-8 on and off per day.
When I say work I use Microsoft office