Question Do I need to connect the extra 4-pin CPU Connector for the X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi (Rev. 1.1)

Jambal Diyan

Honorable
Apr 7, 2014
I just plan to hit overclocks as advertised on the box, or use PBO when it finally does work on the 3000 series. If it turns out that I don't need it I would still like to understand what specific situations that 4pin is for.

One more question :)
I read somewhere that the 8pin is an 'EPS Connector', and that the old 4pin standard was a 'P4 Connector'. So is it an EPS or a P4?

I just plan to hit overclocks as advertised on the box, or use PBO when it finally does work on the 3000 series. If it turns out that I don't need it I would still like to understand what specific situations that 4pin is for.

One more question :)
I read somewhere that the 8pin is an 'EPS Connector', and that the old 4pin standard was a 'P4 Connector'. So is it an EPS or a P4?
Both.

boju

Champion
This will answer your plug definition

Afaik, regarding the use of the extra 4pin is generally for extreme overclocking but even then just the 8 is enough for an overclocked 3950x 16c 32t. That four pin is kinda a gimmick to the average overclocker.

Reactions: Jambal Diyan

Jambal Diyan

Honorable
Apr 7, 2014
This will answer your plug definition

Afaik, regarding the use of the extra 4pin is generally for extreme overclocking but even then just the 8 is enough for an overclocked 3950x 16c 32t. That four pin is kinda a gimmick to the average overclocker.
Should I be worried about the connector shorting out when I don't use it and collects dust?

And:

In a video, buildzoid (youtuber) stated about one of the boards he was reviewing that the extra 4pin would melt the board (vrm/heatsinks were horrible), if I were to use the 4pin just because of my ocd (and bec. I've purchased an extra sleeved cable extension for it xD) and have less than casual overclocking, would it be in danger of the same meltdown?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS