[SOLVED] Do I need to connect the monitor to the motherboard or GPU first ?

wajjie

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
I'm willing to buy a new PC and I don't know if I need to plug in the monitor to the mobo or the GPU first ( when I start the PC for the first time ).

Solution
Doesn't matter... no such thing as needing to plug your monitor in the iGPU or dedicated first.

If you have a dedicated GPU plug your monitor into that. If you only have integrated graphics plug it in your motherboard.
Keep in mind that some CPUs lack integrated graphics... in those cases the video output ports on the motherboard won't work, hence you'll need a dedicated GPU.
Doesn't matter... no such thing as needing to plug your monitor in the iGPU or dedicated first.

If you have a dedicated GPU plug your monitor into that. If you only have integrated graphics plug it in your motherboard.
Keep in mind that some CPUs lack integrated graphics... in those cases the video output ports on the motherboard won't work, hence you'll need a dedicated GPU.

Reactions: wajjie
Solution

wajjie

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020

ty :)