Do I need to delete windows from current ssd before installing windows on my new ssd.

peter193

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
I recently purchased a new Samsung 850 pro 512gb ssd. I currently have a Samsung 840 Evo 120gb ssd with my Windows 10 operating system installed. I also have a 1tb hard drive with some files. I am looking to install Windows 10 on the new ssd. Should I delete/reformat my 120 gb ssd before installing the new one or will that be in the installer for windows. Please explain this procedure. Thanks -Peter

Solution

Hi, thanks for the reply. My issue is now resolved. I ended up installing windows on the new one, and I deleted my files off the 1tb hdd and old 120gb ssd. I reformatted those and everything is fine. I appreciate your help though. Now I'm gonna create a restore point. Thanks!

peter193

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

Hi, thanks for the reply. My issue is now resolved. I ended up installing windows on the new one, and I deleted my files off the 1tb hdd and old 120gb ssd. I reformatted those and everything is fine. I appreciate your help though. Now I'm gonna create a restore point. Thanks!

Solution