Question Do i need to disable Fastboot from bios before clean install windows 10 ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
My standard answer to questions of this class is: Try reinstalling Windows 10 and you'll have your answer. (And pretty quickly.)

You are better off changing no unnecessary variables when doing a completely clean reinstall. If something that's ahead of Windows in the boot sequence would affect the successful installation it will be detected and the install will abort. It generally does so with an error message that points you at least close to what you need to change.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, determine what is before trying to fix it.

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
My standard answer to questions of this class is: Try reinstalling Windows 10 and you'll have your answer. (And pretty quickly.)

You are better off changing no unnecessary variables when doing a completely clean reinstall. If something that's ahead of Windows in the boot sequence would affect the successful installation it will be detected and the install will abort. It generally does so with an error message that points you at least close to what you need to change.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, determine what is before trying to fix it.

Hey thanks for the reply. Do you mind to check my latest replies on this thread
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...olume-during-windows-10-installation.3517385/

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
First, it is really better to keep a single topic for a single computer for a single issue, and this is still your issue from earlier that's being addressed. There's really no need for a separate topic.

Second, there is nothing at the end of that topic that's new, there is nothing there for me to view in your last post.

I have yet to tweak UEFI/BIOS when doing a reinstallation of Windows 10 on a system that came with it (and the same is true for systems that were originally Windows 8.1 and upgraded).

Just follow the instructions I posted on your other thread or, if you prefer them, use the sticky topic at the beginning of this very forum that give you instructions for doing a completely clean reinstall.

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014

First, it is really better to keep a single topic for a single computer for a single issue, and this is still your issue from earlier that's being addressed. There's really no need for a separate topic.

Second, there is nothing at the end of that topic that's new, there is nothing there for me to view in your last post.

I have yet to tweak UEFI/BIOS when doing a reinstallation of Windows 10 on a system that came with it (and the same is true for systems that were originally Windows 8.1 and upgraded).

Just follow the instructions I posted on your other thread or, if you prefer them, use the sticky topic at the beginning of this very forum that give you instructions for doing a completely clean reinstall.

I just want you to check that screenshots and see if my hdd is fine or not.