Do I need to flash my BIOS with this combo? If so how?

Solution
That motherboard appears to require a CPU to be flashed. However it can flash directly via the internet:

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012815/

If you don't already have this board, you can contact the seller and ask them to check the box for the BIOS revision (it is often printed or added as a sticker to the box). You can send motherboards to service centers (ASUS has many globally) and they can also flash it for you.

Some times the system will at least POST with a unsupported CPU, and you can still flash it for maximum compatibility at that point.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have an older FM2+ CPU now? Then it is just a matter of booting it up and having the BIOS file on some removable media. Some newer motherboards you can initiate a BIOS update via Windows.

ASUS does make a few boards with a CPU-less BIOS flashing option, but generally only on higher end boards.

I will take a look at the manual and see what that board can do.

anti-duck

Honorable

I answered you in another thread mate. That CPU may not work with that motherboard without a BIOS update, and since you don't have a video card, you can't update the BIOS anyway if it did need an update.

kanewolf

Titan
It is hard to say for sure. The 880K requires BIOS 0805 which was released oi 5/2015. There are two releases after that. There will be no way to determine if you have a new enough BIOS from the box or packaging. All you can do is try it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That motherboard appears to require a CPU to be flashed. However it can flash directly via the internet:

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012815/

If you don't already have this board, you can contact the seller and ask them to check the box for the BIOS revision (it is often printed or added as a sticker to the box). You can send motherboards to service centers (ASUS has many globally) and they can also flash it for you.

Some times the system will at least POST with a unsupported CPU, and you can still flash it for maximum compatibility at that point.

Solution