[SOLVED] Do I need to increase the DRAM voltage to run my ram at 3000mhz or not?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hey guys. Tomorrow I'll build my first gaming pc which consists of a ryzen 5 2600, a b450 tomahawk and the CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ram model. I found a youtube video that explains how to oc the cpu but I didn't quite get the ram oc'ing(are they even oc'ing the ram? I don't know). Here is the video:
View: https://youtu.be/mLG8U0vejfE?list=WL

Skip to 21:50 to see what I'm talking about. He increases the dram voltage to 1.35v. Does that overclock it or just enables the 3000mhz? I just want to run my ram at 3000mhz, as that's its market speed. Is it ok to to do the same things as in that video?(I'm talking about the ram not the CPU). Thanks in advance.

Solution
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your platform, then enable X.M.P in BIOS to get to DDR4-3000MHz speeds. If you want to stick to manually setting things, make sure you follow the values found on the stickered information on the ram kit.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your platform, then enable X.M.P in BIOS to get to DDR4-3000MHz speeds. If you want to stick to manually setting things, make sure you follow the values found on the stickered information on the ram kit.

Solution