Do I need to plug in HD audio?

xMRxVENGEANCEx

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
I'm just wondering. I'm just done managing my cables but my HD audio cable that comes from the case isn't very manageable due to it not being very long, and it has to reach the bottom left on my motherboard. It just sort of ruins my other neat cables really when this one has to remain not very good. I've tried all I can think and it seems this is as far as it goes. I don't get any sound from my motherboard as it is, so if I just cable tie it behind the back panel, will I still get sound from my graphics card to my TV? Yes I use a TV as a monitor. Just wondering if is necessary.

Solution
The HD Audio is just to have the HD audio features out of the Front Headphone and Mic jack on the PC. a lot of cases give bot the HD and non HD version of the connector. It ONLY affect the front Jacks. Has nothing to do with the Read jacks on the motherboard.

xMRxVENGEANCEx

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014

Oh right so if I don't plug it in then I won't be able to hear anything from the headphone jack when I plug headphones in?

xMRxVENGEANCEx

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014

Oh right so there is one of the back of the PC right? On the motherboard? Dunno how challenging that'll be to get in for my headphones but they're pretty long cables so it should be alright. Thanks I'll probably unplug the front panel HD audio now then :). I hope you're right though and it does nothing more than stops you from using the front audio jack. What about the microphone jack? Is that unusable also when HD audio is unplugged? And is there likely to be one of the back also?

The HD Audio is just to have the HD audio features out of the Front Headphone and Mic jack on the PC. a lot of cases give bot the HD and non HD version of the connector. It ONLY affect the front Jacks. Has nothing to do with the Read jacks on the motherboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS