Question Do i need to reinstall windows 10

Sep 10, 2019
I have recently changed my motherboard Ram and Cpu. My computer seems to be functioning well but my question is do i need to reinstall windows? I ignorantly did not know that this could possibly be an issue when i did the swap amazingly everything has been great. I had to buy a new product key to make windows offical again but never reinstalled. Ive read a lot since then about possibly not having some functionality like hyper threading etc... If you do not reinstall. I changed to a gigabyte aorus z390 pro wifi and downloaded app center wich did download a bunch of drivers onto my pc. My main concern is if there are still things needed to get the most out of my new cpu. In hwmonitor im getting 4.7ghz on all 8 cores so i just assumed everything is correct but dont know enough about these things to know if im getting every possible feature. I really dont wanna reinstall windows if i dont have to but will if its needed to get everything running 100%.

My old board was a msi b250m pro vdh
Old cpu was a 7th gen i5
Ram was 2333mhz

New board aorus z390 pro wifi
New cpu i9 9900
New ram trident z 3200mhz

A reset puts the same crap back on and doesn't install the latest version. You want to download the CURRENT build version from the Microsoft website and create installation media from that.

My guide is borked right now due to tinypic.com shutting down it's free image hosting, so for now, this is probably the best guide out there aside from mine.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

Sep 10, 2019
Almost done putting everything back after windows reinstall. Definitely dont want issues so i took all of your advice thank you. Weird thing is when i benchmarked b4 my cpu tested higher than other i9 9900's not by much so im not exactly sure why but for some reason i think everything was operating correctly but want to be safe just incase. Before i did the reinstall of windows i did download gigabytes app center and did a live update for rgb fusion when i did this it downloaded alot of drivers for me i assume this made the corrections wich allowed everything to work properly but thats just a guess.

Make sure you go to the product page for your motherboard and download, then install, the latest drivers listed there for the chipset (.inf), audio, LAN/Ethernet and also it would be a good idea to make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed as well.

Then, get the hell rid of app center, Actually, get rid of it before you update the drivers. Don't ever use ANY utility to keep drivers updated. Always get them directly from the product page of whatever product it is. There is not EVER a better driver available for your hardware than what's available from the manufacturer EXCEPT when it comes to chipset or graphics drivers, in which case I always recommend getting them directly from Intel or AMD/Nvidia when possible. Unfortunately Intel does not list a chipset driver package for Z390 so you must get them directly from the motherboard manufacturer in this case.

Sep 10, 2019
The bios i had to update to f10 to get the i9 to work the board came with f8 and that did not support my i9 9900. Ill do my best on the other divers on gigabytes website for my board theres alot of em dont really know if they are all needed or for things im not going to use. Ill definitely get the ones you said to tho. Thank you