[SOLVED] Do i need to reinstall windows

Hi,im planning to switch from i3-3240 to i7-3770 on my lenovo ih61m motherboard.Im just wondering do i need to do a fresh install of windows or i just need to take out the cooler,swap my i3 with the i7,but back the cooler and im good to go.Also when i do a first boot with the i7 will something odd happen or something i shuold be aware of?

Solution
Hi,im planning to switch from i3-3240 to i7-3770 on my lenovo ih61m motherboard.Im just wondering do i need to do a fresh install of windows or i just need to take out the cooler,swap my i3 with the i7,but back the cooler and im good to go.Also when i do a first boot with the i7 will something odd happen or something i shuold be aware of?
No, W10 (I presume) will recognize CPU right away and W10 activation can be a problem only if MB is changed,
Cooler might be a problem though, I7 is hotter than i3.

Wolfshadw

Titan
It's been a while since I performed just a CPU upgrade, but when I did, I didn't have to do anything else. It was just a simple processor swap. No need to reinstall Windows. No settings that needed to be changed. No odd behavior after the swap.

-Wolf sends

No, W10 (I presume) will recognize CPU right away and W10 activation can be a problem only if MB is changed,
Cooler might be a problem though, I7 is hotter than i3.

Solution