Question Do I need to replace my PSU?

Dec 28, 2021
So I was playing Valorant on this first week of December, then suddenly there was a spark on the my gpu (Specifically the 6-Pin Connector Part) and my pc turned off. When I tried turning it on again, it didn't until I removed my gpu completely from my pc. I'm planning to get a new gpu now but I'm honestly scared of using the same PSU. Should I replace my PSU? or not?

ps. When I was replacing the thermal paste from my gpu, I accidentally yanked something, It looked like a very small capacitor so I think my gpu is the faulty one. but should I still replace my gpu? because I think the spark fried both the gpu and the 6pin connector from the PSU. Need your thoughts on this guys. Thanks.

What GPU did you have, and what PSU exactly do you have? Make/Model/Wattage. The answer is probably yes, because it is not worth the risk of causing another GPU to die, but it may be fine. Before getting into more details though, we need system specs.

crazyal

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
So I was playing Valorant on this first week of December, then suddenly there was a spark on the my gpu (Specifically the 6-Pin Connector Part) and my pc turned off. When I tried turning it on again, it didn't until I removed my gpu completely from my pc. I'm planning to get a new gpu now but I'm honestly scared of using the same PSU. Should I replace my PSU? or not?

ps. When I was replacing the thermal paste from my gpu, I accidentally yanked something, It looked like a very small capacitor so I think my gpu is the faulty one. but should I still replace my gpu? because I think the spark fried both the gpu and the 6pin connector from the PSU. Need your thoughts on this guys. Thanks.
Sounds like a short circuit. Can you show a picture of the damaged capacitor as maybe that finally gave up and shorted out.