[SOLVED] Do I need to screw in all the motherboard screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKun

Reputable
Jun 6, 2016
My current motherboard has 6 screws and 6 standoffs and I am planning on upgrading it soon. The problem is that there are 9 screw holes on the motherboard I am upgrading to. I ordered some standoffs but completely forgot about the screws (my bad lmao). If I put all the standoffs in, can I leave 3 screw holes empty since I wont have enough screws? Or should I buy more screws?

Solution
My current motherboard has 6 screws and 6 standoffs and I am planning on upgrading it soon. The problem is that there are 9 screw holes on the motherboard I am upgrading to. I ordered some standoffs but completely forgot about the screws (my bad lmao). If I put all the standoffs in, can I leave 3 screw holes empty since I wont have enough screws? Or should I buy more screws?
Well, the engineers that designed the board wouldn't have put those holes there if they weren't necessary. Yes, you need additional standoffs and screws.
Well, the engineers that designed the board wouldn't have put those holes there if they weren't necessary. Yes, you need additional standoffs and screws.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.