[SOLVED] Do I need to swap all my drives from MBR to GPT for the pc to boot into windows?

Jun 27, 2021
so I have two drives, an SSD and an HDD, and I wanted to convert the SSD that has windows to GPT so that the pc can boot into windows when I disable CSM.
so the question is if the HDD stays at MBR can I still access the data that was on it or do I have to convert it too?

also if I'm just stupid and there is a way to enable secure boot without having to disable CSM then please tell me I have the Gigabyte B450M DS3H

Solution
Right. As suspected.
Bootloader is located on 1TB drive (100MB System, Active partition).

In current configuration you can not use mbr2gpt utility to convert SSD from MBR to GPT.

You could ...
convert SSD from MBR to GPT using some 3rd party partition management software (make a backup before doing this, potential data loss),​
then create UEFI compatible bootloader on SSD manually.​
Can you show screenshot from Disk Management?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

If OS and bootloader is located on SSD, then partitioning on HDD doesn't matter.
But if bootloader is located on HDD instead, this complicates things.
So - show the screenshot first.

Right. As suspected.
Bootloader is located on 1TB drive (100MB System, Active partition).

In current configuration you can not use mbr2gpt utility to convert SSD from MBR to GPT.

You could ...
convert SSD from MBR to GPT using some 3rd party partition management software (make a backup before doing this, potential data loss),​
then create UEFI compatible bootloader on SSD manually.​

Solution