do i need to uninstall any drivers when replacing my cpu, ram and motherboard?

techmo119

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
im currently running windows 10
im currently have a gigabyte motherboard
im getting a ryzen 3 cpu and asrock motherboard with ddr4 ram
do i need to uninstally anything before i replace my pc components. if so where do i go to uninstall them

Solution

Yes it would delete everything on the system drive (usually C:\) which can be a...

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Best practice is to do a clean installation of Windows from scratch.

First test hardware outside case. If everything is OK put them in case. Do necessary setup and configurations in BIOS.

Then do a clean installation of Windows on the drive you want to be system drive. If you have an SSD and install Windows on that, unplug and disconnect any possible number of HDDs you might have before installation. (Power off and unplug PSU from wall outlet before disconnecting and re-connecting HDDs from and to the system.

Connect them back after you install Windows and motherboard, chipset, audio and GPU drivers.

techmo119

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

would this delete everything on my pc?

Yes it would.

Backup your important files externally, then install windows and any programs needed.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

Yes it would delete everything on the system drive (usually C:\) which can be a separate drive or just a partition depending on your hardware setup.

Windows installation usually involves formatting the drive/partition which would destroy all data on that drive/partition.

If you have Windows on a drive C:\ and you have other drives/partitions to which you can copy files from drive C: that you need to keep do that.

Then when you're sure you have everything you need install Windows on C:. If these other volumes (D: E: etc) are on separate drives and are not partitions on the same disk disconnect them and install Windows on the drive that has C:.

Anyway it's always safest to backup any important, personal or non-replaceable data/files (pictures, videos, etc.) somewhere else - like said above - on an external media HDD or USB flash, preferably it's best to have 2 copies on separate media if possible.

Solution