Question Do i need to update bios for athlon 200ge processor??

Mar 31, 2019
Hi. I have an Asus Prime A320M-k motherboard as well as i have an athlon 200ge processor. Should i need to update the bios?? And could you please tell me where to download and how to install bios if needed. Link would be very useful.. Sorry for dumb question..

For athlon 200GE it needs to have bios rev 4011.

You can get it from this page:

I'm pretty sure you need a functioning board to update BIOS on Asus products...that means you have to have access to a processor that your current BIOS does support.

Mar 31, 2019
For athlon 200GE it needs to have bios rev 4011.

You can get it from this page:

I'm pretty sure you need a functioning board to update BIOS on Asus products...that means you have to have access to a processor that your current BIOS does support.
I dont have one sir. Is there any other way to flash bios???

I dont have one sir. Is there any other way to flash bios???
The first question is...have you tried to operate the board with your 200GE processor? It might just work at least well enough to enter BIOS and program it with correct rev BIOS. You might have to put a GPU in to operate a display. I can't harm anything and it's certainly worth the try since you have both already.

Unfortunately I don't believe there is any other way beyond physically removing the BIOS chip and soldering in another. Something requiring decent soldering skill and the necessary tools...in addition to an EPROM chip, pre-programmed with the necessary BIOS.

You might try returning to the shop you purchased it from and asking them to program it for you, using one of their CPU's. If they charge excessively for this service...

I don't believe the AMD CPU Loaner program will help with Athlon APU's, but you might try buying a low-cost Bristol Ridge APU for AM4. You might find one on e-bay or Amazon...something like A8-9600 model.

Last edited: