[SOLVED] Do I need to update bios for MSI B550m Pro-VDH wifi for a 5600x?

Dec 2, 2020
I ordered both on Amazon yesterday. There are some recent reviews on the mobo that it comes with an updated bios already and should work with 5000 series out of the box. I'm not sure what to do if there's a possibility that I get old stock with an old bios. Should I just flash the lastest bios anyway with the flash button, or should I just plug everything in as if it's a normal build to see if it works. If I plug everything in and it doesn't work, do I need to remove everything to use the flash button on the mobo or would I be able to leave everything built pretty much?

Solution
Will be fine with everything installed. Msi doesn't say you must have motherboard uninstalled of components. Flashback can also be used to recover a corrupt bios and they wouldn't expect you to remove everything just to flash.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Will be fine with everything installed. Msi doesn't say you must have motherboard uninstalled of components. Flashback can also be used to recover a corrupt bios and they wouldn't expect you to remove everything just to flash.

Solution