Do I need to update Motherboard bios before changing cpu?

Dec 14, 2018
I had an intel i7-4770 in my old build but I foolishly damaged some of the ports on my motherboard rendering my graphics card useless and halfing my ram. My friend kindly gave me his old build so I could pop my hard drives and graphics card into that and put it all in my case and feel like I had my old pc back. (sentimentality y'know.) His i5 processor was already attached to the motherboard and I didn't switch it over to my cpu at the time as I didn't have any thermal paste nor did I fancy the hassle.

Can I just pop my old cpu in now with no issues? Or should I update motherboard bios first? (I am no expert when it comes to PC building, I just follow tutorials, I am not familiar with all the terminology so please advise as if speaking to a 10 year old where possible.)

Mobo: MSI Z87-G43 GAMING
New CPU: Intel i7-4770 3.4gz
old CPU: intel i5 -4570 3.2gz

(also, as a side note. My old CPU has been sitting, still attached to my old motherboard, in an anti static bag for months. It's not been knocked about but it did have a (non-heavy) bag chucked on top of it at one point,. It should be ok right?)