[SOLVED] Do I need to update my bios switching from AMD to NVIDIA?

May 1, 2020
Right now I have a Radeon RX 460 and an AMD FX-4300 Processor. I am upgrading to a GTX 1660 Super, I5-9400F, and a Gigabyte B365M DS3H. Would I need to perform a bios update?

Solution
Why would I need to wipe my hdd?
Let me say it better. Only reformat the drive that has your PREVIOUS operating system on it if you are planning to use that drive for the NEW operating system. If you are not using that drive for your NEW system, you can choose not to reformat. This is because since you're transiting from amd to nvidia and intel, you will have drivers conflict issue.

poorbugger

Distinguished
You dont need to update any bios switching from amd to nvidia since you'll be using a completely different board. As for your drivers however, if you're using the same ssd or hdd of your previous operating system, it's best to reformat and start fresh.

Reactions: Shektron

poorbugger

Distinguished
Why would I need to wipe my hdd?
Let me say it better. Only reformat the drive that has your PREVIOUS operating system on it if you are planning to use that drive for the NEW operating system. If you are not using that drive for your NEW system, you can choose not to reformat. This is because since you're transiting from amd to nvidia and intel, you will have drivers conflict issue.

Solution