ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I saw a couple of pc building videos and they have mentioned something about updating your BIOS. I've googled it and some people say that you should just update it, another group of people says that if there isn't a fix that you need there is no reason to update it. So I wanted to ask if I should update My bios? I don't want to do it if there isn't a need to do it. Here is a link to the motherboard website with the bios updates and fixes: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z490-A-PRO#down-bios

Should I bother with updating my bios or not?

I Have The "7C75v20" Version of the BIOS.

Solution
As updating the BIOS is a potentially risky process, you shouldn't do it unless you have to (eg to support a particular CPU family or to fix a known issue as stated in the update information).

kanewolf

Titan
I saw a couple of pc building videos and they have mentioned something about updating your BIOS. I've googled it and some people say that you should just update it, another group of people says that if there isn't a fix that you need there is no reason to update it. So I wanted to ask if I should update My bios? I don't want to do it if there isn't a need to do it. Here is a link to the motherboard website with the bios updates and fixes: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z490-A-PRO#down-bios

Should I bother with updating my bios or not?

I Have The "7C75v20" Version of the BIOS.
Look at the featues of the new BIOS versions. Are you going to overclock? Then v21 has improvements. Both versions have improvements for memory compatibility. With a new build, I prefer to get the latest BIOS before I start installing the OS. Get all the fixes possible to start with.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Look at the featues of the new BIOS versions. Are you going to overclock? Then v21 has improvements. Both versions have improvements for memory compatibility. With a new build, I prefer to get the latest BIOS before I start installing the OS. Get all the fixes possible to start with.
everything is working fine for me and no I'm not planning on overclocking. in some games I have weird frame time but it doesn't affect my fps. In Viscera Cleanup Detail the frame time fluctuates heavily but it doesn't seem to affect my fps in any shape or form. same goes for Minecraft dungeons, the frame time GRAPH seems to fluctuate but it doesn't seem to affect my fps at all. I read the fixes that the new versions offer but I just can't understand them.