[SOLVED] Do i need to upgrade anything ?

May 28, 2020
Current Rig:
Cpu: I7-7700K
GPU: RTX2080TI 11GB'S
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz ( 2x8)
Motherboard: Asus z270 A

Solution
If you're doing 1080p gaming with that gpu then your GPU should be pushing more frames than your cpu can handle which can in turn cause stuttering. Either upgrade to 1440p Or upgrade your cpu. You check for CPU bottlenecks by monitoring CPU usage while gaming. If it's going above 90% then your CPU is probably causing a bottleneck. you can use MSI afterburner to monitor your cpu.

I'd upgrade to 3000Mhz ram if I had nothing else to do but it seems like your cpu doesn't support it

HiggsPrime

Honorable
Apr 19, 2014
Possible reason for stutter - RAM compatibilty.

Firstly check if your RAM is slotted in the right position. Refer MoBo user manual.

Secondly, is your RAM compatible with your motherboard ? Refer its User Muanal.

Lastly, is your RAM compatible with the CPU ? does it support dual or quad channel, what frequency. Refer from Intel Processor manual.

Is it only fortnite or other games ?

May 28, 2020
Possible reason for stutter - RAM compatibilty.

Firstly check if your RAM is slotted in the right position. Refer MoBo user manual.

Secondly, is your RAM compatible with your motherboard ? Refer its User Muanal.

Lastly, is your RAM compatible with the CPU ? does it support dual or quad channel, what frequency. Refer from Intel Processor manual.

Is it only fortnite or other games ?
My ram is correctly inserted as it shows 16GB in task manager. As well it is compatible with my mother board ! Yes in fortnite but sometimes in gta as well

HiggsPrime

Honorable
Apr 19, 2014
My ram is correctly inserted as it shows 16GB in task manager. As well it is compatible with my mother board ! Yes in fortnite but sometimes in gta as well

I had same problem. every game even at low settings would stutter. I checked and RAM was not slotted in correct order despite showing 8GB on my task manager.

Also, this was among my list of troublehoot to solve the problem.

Switch off PC, remove power cord, after 1-2 mins, take out GPU use contact cleaner and then place it back. i doubt it would. make any difference thought.

kwikgta

Honorable
Feb 27, 2016
I went to newegg and read reviews on that ssd. There were some complaints about game stuttering/freezing with that drive. Don't know that's the problem.....just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020
I had same problem. every game even at low settings would stutter. I checked and RAM was not slotted in correct order despite showing 8GB on my task manager.

Also, this was among my list of troublehoot to solve the problem.

Switch off PC, remove power cord, after 1-2 mins, take out GPU use contact cleaner and then place it back. i doubt it would. make any difference thought.
All done and tested, still same issue :(

If you're doing 1080p gaming with that gpu then your GPU should be pushing more frames than your cpu can handle which can in turn cause stuttering. Either upgrade to 1440p Or upgrade your cpu. You check for CPU bottlenecks by monitoring CPU usage while gaming. If it's going above 90% then your CPU is probably causing a bottleneck. you can use MSI afterburner to monitor your cpu.

I'd upgrade to 3000Mhz ram if I had nothing else to do but it seems like your cpu doesn't support it

Solution