Do I need to upgrade my cpu

Mar 29, 2018
I have an amd AMD A8 -7650K 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor and a gigabyte 1050 ti 4gb GPU do I need to upgrade my CPU or will it be fine keeping this CPU because if it’s fine to keep these 2 parts then I can buy a new CPU cooler

Solution

No actually, it is not. He said he wants to run a 1050 TI. That is the best budget 10 series card. It won't bottleneck. It'll run just fine at 1080p and 720p.

WildCard999

Titan
There's absolutely no reason to upgrade unless your unhappy with your current performance, plus with your current CPU on a older FM2+ socket there's no CPU I'd recommend for it over your current one. Your better off saving up and when you do require that performance boost move up to a AMD Ryzen platform or whatever Intel has out. A decent CPU cooler like the Cryorig H7 would be fine for now so that you could keep that CPU cooler and possibly overclock it for some extra performance.

Mar 29, 2018
Ah right. So as long as the performance is all good and up to a standard I believe is playable and aesthetically pleasing then there’s no reason to upgrade unless wanting more? As I don’t have much of a budget to go on at the moment and don’t want to be buying more parts as of yet

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from callumprice2008 : "Do I need to upgrade my cpu"

Philballer17

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009

No actually, it is not. He said he wants to run a 1050 TI. That is the best budget 10 series card. It won't bottleneck. It'll run just fine at 1080p and 720p.

Solution