[SOLVED] Do I need to upgrade my pc parts for high fps with max graphics settings?

Jul 10, 2020
Hello!
I'm a pretty big fan of playing video games and with that playing them at close to the highest graphical settings possible. As I have a 144hz (1080p) monitor it can be a big struggle at times. I've had this exact setup for a good while now and I'm stuck on if I should upgrade and if so, what I should upgrade.
I currently have a GTX 1070, Ryzen 5 1600X, 16gb Ram, prime b350m-k motherboard.
Don't actually know too much regarding PCs and specs, only the basics.
If any more information is needed I'd gladly provide it if possible.

Solution
Right now I'm playing a mix of singleplayer games with a mix of Rainbow Six Siege and some of the newer ones in the Battlefield franchise. My computer struggled quite a bit playing The Division 2 which is one of the games I'd love to play more of if my computer would allow it, same goes for Watch Dogs 2.

Division 2 and Watch Dogs 2 at max settings?

Not going to happen with anything less than a 2080 even at 1080p, they're 2 of the worst optimised (or graphically demanding games depending on how you look at it) on the planet.

The 1600x is still a decent cpu, its set squarely around the 100fps mark with demanding triple AAA games though.

gdds_01

Reputable
May 5, 2020
What games do you usually play? Mostly FPS (CS:GO, Valorant, Fortnite etc.) or single player (RDR2, Assassin's Creed, SOTTR etc.)?

Depending upon the games you play and the performance your rig is giving to you, maybe it is not necessary to replace your graphics card yet.

In addition, as a new generation of graphics card is arriving, the more prudent decision, at the moment, is to wait.

Jul 10, 2020
What games do you usually play? Mostly FPS (CS:GO, Valorant, Fortnite etc.) or single player (RDR2, Assassin's Creed, SOTTR etc.)?

Depending upon the games you play and the performance your rig is giving to you, maybe it is not necessary to replace your graphics card yet.

In addition, as a new generation of graphics card is arriving, the more prudent decision, at the moment, is to wait.
Right now I'm playing a mix of singleplayer games with a mix of Rainbow Six Siege and some of the newer ones in the Battlefield franchise. My computer struggled quite a bit playing The Division 2 which is one of the games I'd love to play more of if my computer would allow it, same goes for Watch Dogs 2.

Division 2 and Watch Dogs 2 at max settings?

Not going to happen with anything less than a 2080 even at 1080p, they're 2 of the worst optimised (or graphically demanding games depending on how you look at it) on the planet.

The 1600x is still a decent cpu, its set squarely around the 100fps mark with demanding triple AAA games though.

Solution